25 degrees of freedom: for movement, Two cameras: to see its surroundings, An inertial measurement unit: which lets the robot detect if it is upright or sitting down, Touch sensors: to detect your touch, Four directional microphones: so NAO can hear you, Connectivity through Bluetooth, WiFI and Ethernet provide NAO with a huge knowledgebase and ability to acquire new skills.
- 25 degrees of freedom allow NAO to move and adapt to the world at large. An inertial unit enables him to maintain balance and know whether he is lying down, sitting, walking, or at rest.
- 30 different sensors over the body allow NAO to perceive and understand the world around him.
- 4 omnidirectional microphones and 2 loudspeakers allow NAO to interact with humans through natural communication.
- 2 high-resolution cameras enable NAO to recognize faces as well as shapes and objects in the environment.
- 2 prehensile hands with capacitive touch sensors for object manipulation and physical interaction in the world.
- Embedded intelligence powered by an Intel ATOM 1.9Ghz quad-core processor with 4GB DDR3 RAM and 32GB eMMC.
- Connectivity through Bluetooth, WiFI, and Ethernet provides NAO with a huge knowledge base and the ability to acquire new skills.
- Autonomous interaction with the world using embedded intelligence to reproduce human-like behavior.
NAO Speaks Your Language: Fluent in more than 20 languages, NAO can communicate clearly and effortlessly with students across a variety of cultures.
NAO Has a Feel For The Environment: Tactile sensors in NAO’s head, hands, and feet help NAO react and respond as needed. NAO can hear, see, and recognize you – both who you are, and what you’re feeling.
NAO Gets Around: NAO is built to move naturally and go just about anywhere. NAO can detect obstacles, avoid falls, and get right back up again.
NAO Gets With The Program: Fully open and programmable, NAO runs on NAOqi OS, a flexible framework that gives you lots of options for customizing NAO your way – from a variety of SDKs to visual programming interfaces like Blockly and Scratch, to Choregraphe, our easy-to-use drag-and-drop graphical software.
Moving: NAO has 25 degrees of freedom and a humanoid shape that enable him to move and adapt to the world around him. His inertial unit enables him to maintain his balance and to know whether he is standing up or lying down.
Feeling: The numerous sensors in his head, hands, and feet, as well as his sonars, enable him to perceive his environment and get his bearings.
Hearing and speaking: With his 4 directional microphones and loudspeakers, NAO interacts with humans in a completely natural manner, by listening and speaking.
Seeing: NAO is equipped with two cameras that film his environment in high resolution, helping him to recognize shapes and objects.
Connecting: To access the Internet autonomously, NAO is able to use a range of different connection modes (WiFi, Ethernet).
Thinking: We can't really talk about "Artificial Intelligence" with NAO, but robots are already able to reproduce human behavior.
- Specifications are subject to change without notice. Please call or write to us in case you would like to be doubly sure. For material that is not as per specifications, a full refund is possible within 3 days of delivery or free replacement is available within 30 days of purchase.